Clarification New Season:
2019 Championship season commences on Monday 6th May (Public Holiday) with Grand Finals being held week of Monday 16th September (Sat Finals will be Sat 21st Sept 2019) – weekend before AFL grand final.
There will be a 3 week break from Monday the 1st July through to Sunday 21st July, during which the U16 Australian Junior Championships will be hosted at DBA.
Age Group cut offs
Players age changes occur in October each year so there are no changes for the next season.
i.e. Whatever age change was going to happen in Jan, now happens in October prior – Ages are still based on YEAR of BIRTH not when birthday is.
|Year of Birth||Age Group 2018-19 Challenge Season|
|2001||Junior League Entry|
|1995||Junior League Maximum|
- The age groupings run January 1st through until December 31st of the year that the competition ends.
* Every effort will be made to keep the nights the same, however it is dependent on team nominations
- Monday night Junior League, U18 Boys Div 2 and 3, U18 Girls
- Tuesday night Mens Div 1 and 4, Womens Div 1 and 3, Masters Men and Women
- Wednesday night U18 Boys Div 1, Mens Div 3, Womens Div 2 and 4
- Thursday night League, U16 Div 1 Boys, Mens Div 2 and 5.
- Friday night League, U16 Girls Div 1 and 2, U16 Boys Div 2 & 3
- Saturday Aussie Hoops, Super 8’s, Under 10’s, Under 12’s, Under 14’s
- Saturday night League
* In order to work out schedule of games, players need to register to enable clubs to register teams
* Match ratio will come into play for competitions with uneven rounds.
2019 Season Fees
Existing players (those that played the Challenge season)
Junior Fees $100 paid online or use NT Sports Voucher + Club fees
Senior Fees $90 paid online (if you are using a Sports Voucher you need to contact the office) + club fees
Will pay the above fees + BNT fee of $49.50
Affiliated Club teams $ 100 per team
Unaffiliated teams $ 140 per team
League teams $165 per team