Term 2 2021 Junior Programs
Please note: Monday sessions will be running on the following Public Holidays – 26th April, 3rd May and 14th June. Select your sessions accordingly!
Baller Bubs (2 to 4 year olds)
Baller Bubs is a program for 2-to-4-year-olds that focusses on development of social skills and gross motor skills in a safe and healthy environment. The session information is as follows:
- Starting 28th April 2021
- Every Wednesday Afternoons
- 8 Week Program
- 3.45pm – 4.30pm (45 mins)
- $100 for 8 weeks
- Location: Darwin Basketball Stadium, Marrara
- Register Now: https://membership.sportstg.com/regoform.cgi?formID=98224
Aussie Hoops (5 to 8 year olds) / Wheelchair Aussie Hoops (6 to 14 year olds)Aussie Hoops is Basketball Australia’s official junior game development program for 5–8-year-olds and their families. It is a national program which provides an environment where children of all abilities can achieve on the court and reap the rewards of skill development, enhanced self-esteem, social co-operation, and grassroots sports participation. Put simply, Aussie Hoops introduces children to basketball in a structured and accredited environment that connects our game at the grassroots through to the elite level. Aussie Hoops is all about participation and fun!Which Session Do I Choose?
- The Beginner session is the recommended program for children aged (5-6). This program is aimed at teaching those children who have played very little or no basketball the basics of the sport. This program runs Monday 3.45pm – 4.30pm.
- The Rookie session is the recommended program for children aged (7-8). This program is aimed at teaching children who have a basic understanding of the sport and have done the starter sessions 2-4 times. This program runs Monday 4:45pm – 5:30pm.
- The Both session is the recommended program for children aged (5-8). The coach tailors the program based on the registrations that come in. The programs runs on Wednesday 3:45pm – 4:30pm and Saturday 7:45am – 8.30am.
- The Wheelchair session is the recommended program for children aged (6-14). The program is open for children with a disability, as well as abled bodied participants that want to try something different. This program runs Monday 3.30pm – 4.30pm.
Dates: Week of 26th April to Week of 14th June 2021
Cost: New Participants – $100 (Includes Participant Pack) Returning Participants – $75
Location: Darwin Basketball Stadium, Marrara
Super 8’s (2021 Challenge Season) (7 to 9 year olds)DBA is also offering a beginners league called Super 8’s which is aimed at children who have progressed through Aussie Hoops and are ready to begin playing games. This competition will consist of two teams of 5 playing each other on a half court with lowered rings (sideline to sideline). Teams will be sorted each week and given reversible singlets which will be returned and washed by the DBA weekly. When: Saturday 7:45am – 8:45am. Dates: Feb to June 2021 Cost: $100/season + $5/Game Ticket every week Location: Darwin Basketball Stadium, Marrara Follow the link to register: Super 8’s Registration CLICK HERE
- Email us your sport voucher at – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact us if you have any queries: 08 8945 4666